Tuesday, January 13, 2009

There are two tragedies in life

There are two tragedies in life,
one is to lose your hearts desire
the other is to gain it.
-Benard Shaw.


You know I think what he is saying, is that it is better to have loved, lost and learned, than to not loved at all. This is not just love in the sense of heart to heart or person to person, but also love in life and what you do.
It is better to have taken the chance and find that it is not what you want. That what you want is what you left behind. Much better than just staying and always wondering. The experience is where you gain the desire. You may gain the comes from the loss. The people with no love in their life are the ones who have not taken the chance or followed the desire.
The same goes for love itself. It is better to have followed your heart and failed than to not have tried at all. You may find that when you follow the desire, and it takes you some where far away, that you lose your chance all together. Upon moving back you may find you never had the chance or that you now have a new one. Either way, the experience was worth having. Because when you lose the challenge on this, when you win the next, the gain is so sweet.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wow, where did this come from? You now see what happens to me when I sit with nothing to do. I found this quote and it struck me. So I sat here tonight thinking about it. There are times I wonder if all of it is worth it and then I realize that without the things I have learned, I wouldn't appreciate love when I finally find it.

Layne

1 comment: