Friday, August 19, 2011

Dog days of Summer...


So I have a ten year old red heeler and for the most part he is a pretty laid back old man. I mean, come on, in dog years he is 70 years old. I really feel like I should have already gotten him one of those wheelchairs for dogs, you know the ones where their back legs dangle and there are wheels that act as their legs. Yeah I am cruel. But, I have never had a problem with him chewing on something or making a mess inside. But apparently this past Monday Radar (my dog) was pissed about something. I came home to find the blinds in my kitchen, well a bit of a mess.

Now, if I like sunshine on the floor but not the rest of the room, then these blinds will work out REAL well. But since I am someone who needs a full set of blinds, these aren't really going to cut it. But Radar was proud of himself. I mean I walked in the front door and he was ready to show me what he did. "Dad!!! Come here! You have got to see what I did!" was practically coming from his eyes. So when I saw the window, and he saw my face, I have to say he was less than happy with my reaction. I think, "What the Hell??" and "Adoption at the pound" came out of my mouth, and he may not speak english, but I think it translated really well into dog barks. But I cleaned the mess up and we went outside and played with the ball until he could not play any longer. I mean I am going to get any extra energy out of him so this does not happen again.

Well Tuesday rolls around and I was thinking, I did a great thing taking him out and wasting that energy. Funny thing is Radar was thinking something different. I think for him Tuesday stood for two blinds. When I got home that day, he had taken out the two sets of blinds in the living room of my place. So, yeah I now have an apartment that my neighbors think Freddy Krueger visited in a bad 1990's scary movie. There is nothing like your 70 year old dog year dog redecorating your apartment. So bright and filled with sun light


1 comment:

  1. OK,you aren't thinking like a working dog. They need a job. Radar is currently unemployed. He chews up blinds: a) because he is considering a career in window decorating, b) he's looking for a way out of the apartment so that he can go put in some applications with local cattle herds, or c) he's heard there is a red tick hound support group that meets in the afternoons at Zilker. Yes, the little-known, secret shame of our unemployment fiasco is working dogs.

    ReplyDelete